As you’re watching this episode, it’s possible you’re planning some new videos for your business’ website. Or, maybe you’ve just finished your latest video. Now what?
Where should you upload and share your videos online?
Before you publish your videos anywhere, let’s rewind and consider a couple key things:
First: Your Target Audience
With your target audience in mind, here are some questions to consider:
- Where do you think they actually hangout online?
- Where are they already watching videos similar to yours?
- And, where are they seeking out information or inspiration that you could give them through your videos?
Brainstorm and make a list of your ideas around these questions.
Then dig in and seek out your audience online to see whether or not your ideas about them are true.
Second: Define What Success Looks Like for Your Videos
Let’s remember to consider a few key questions for your business’ growth too:
- What would make your videos a success for your business?
- Are you making them in order to reach new customers and grow your email list?
- Are you making them to delight your existing customers?
- Or, are you making them to straight up sell your product or service?
At the simplest level, videos are just one marketing tool to help grow your business.
Sit down for a bit and define what you want your videos to create for your business.
This will empower you to plan ahead and more closely test and track your videos over time as you serve your audience.